Thursday, February 9, 2012
A sad day for UBC
Today the Ubyssey reported that the Trevor Wimble, aka the "SUB man", was found dead at UBC Village. He passed away sometime between February 6 - 7, due to natural causes. Although I did not personally know him, I spent a lot of time at the SUB during my first year and nodded or smiled to him numerous times. He always returned the smile and I'm sure he was a very kind person. His passing really made me rethink my values in life, and what really matters. I originally made this blog to relieve my daily frustrations, but now I don't see a reason what I could possibly get so frustrated about. Trevor drank coffee, read the paper, and silently thought to himself in that same chair for over a decade, he was a true man who endured all of life's hardships and saw only good in the world. I feel like a ungrateful child knowing such a person existed, my best wishes go out to him and to his family, rest in peace Trevor, you were an inspiration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment