Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A rainy day on reading break

A combination of a rainy day and a bit of fatigue after pulling a tooth resulted in a relaxing but lazy day. However I do feel I am just using that as an excuse to slack off. Reading manga passes my time quickly and enjoyably, but I always regret it afterwards. Afterall, everyone has a time limit on their lives, why would anyone even think about trying to squander such a precious thing away. But I can't help myself, I am so bored of the monotony surrounding me I need to escape to another world every now and then. I am grateful for the opportunity to study, but I look around me, and I see other students spending every hour studying, to get a job and spend every hour working, before finally retiring and "enjoying" life... I feel there's something wrong with that, having to waste away our youth to live a happy old man. I realize that we are able to learn quickly at this age, and so this is the best time to learn, but youth only comes by once, why do what you could do when you're 40? Perhaps I am just running from my studies again, who knows. But it would be nice if a change of pace happened, something out of the ordinary. Guess I'll have to get out and find something extraordinary to motivate me, a trip sounds great at the moment, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment