Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A flood of thoughts

So here I am sitting and studying quietly when wham! Life hits me. I ask myself why do I even bother studying? As an electrical engineer I'm pretty much forced to sit and study 24/7, but the only reason I picked this discipline was because it had a good prospect, good reputation, and good pay. But in reality this is probably the boring field I could possibly go into. I am incredibly restless and I get bored very quickly. Without something requiring physical activity I would probably die from boredom, and electrical engineers, don't move very much... Ha, almost 20 and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life, it's a terrible feeling that I'm sure many have experienced. I feel the need for something big to happen, but I realize that I need to do something first before something can happen to me, a kind of equivalent exchange you could say (yes I stole that from fma) and so here I sit studying through my mental anguish. The only reprieve I get is when I let one of three things fill up the currently empty life. These three things are friends, games, and comics. Friends do what they do, and games have lost their appeal in my eyes over the past years, but if my friends are on an online party ensues. As for comics, I feel manga/manwha is far more entertaining than American comics (just my opinion though). They carry a more serious, realistic, yet creative aspect in them, something people can relate to. Not in the sense of ninjas or shingami like in Naruto or Bleach, but theirs ideals and how the characters choose to live life. I am enraptured by the image of an ideal and peaceful world that the main character always seems to bring. Everything from their infectious personality changing villains to heroes, to their never ending determination. Ah here I go, losing myself to the artificial world of manga once again. Perhaps I am just running from reality, but hey who would run away from a fire and return just to get burned again? Well I guess I don't have much of a choice, back to the cruel fate that is known as reality. I should do something about this whole reality business, maybe a Matrix-esque kind of thing? I am an electrical engineer after all, haha.
*nts: paragraphs, good writing style never hurt anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment